Inbound marketing basically refers to the approach where the marketer earns the interest of prospective customers, instead of buying their attention with the paid/unpaid advertisements.
Also known as New marketing, this method seems more respectable way of generating leads. Instead of traditional marketing technique, which is, nothing but interruption by cold calling, sales flyers, TV and radio advertisements, telemarketing etc., it relies on attracting customer via publishing the relevant content in multiple channels and seeking the permission of prospective customers to subscribe and buy.
Inbound marketing is based on the concept of two way communication. If the companies educate the prospective customers about their product/services and entertain them, then they will be pleased and will come back for the product/service. At that time, if proper attention is given to them along with support by call, email or chat, they will definitely like to become the customers. But, the relationship does not end here; the support should also be available after they buy the product/service so that they can give their feedbacks. These feedbacks can be added as testimonials to enrich the image of the company on its website, social media and market. These delighted customers, then, play a role of promoters. They market your product and/or service via social media, word of mouth, testimonials etc.
Hence inbound marketing presents a lifecycle marketing strategy where the strangers are converted into visitors, visitors are contacted with for better understanding of their needs and then they convert into customers. The happy customers become efficient promoters.
Strangers → Visitors → Contacts (Leads) → Customers → Promoters
The following elements make up the constitution of Inbound Marketing:
- Content Creation/Marketing: Content creation and marketing is the foundation of the Inbound Marketing. Better the content, more the readers are drawn towards it. It builds a specific position in the market and gives a credibility quotient to the company.
- SEO: SEO is the mother of all the marketing campaigns. The visitors are directly proportional to the ranking in SERPs. Better the rank, the more visitors click. And a visit is all it takes for Inbound Marketing to work.
- Landing Page: It is the entry gate of your website. It has to be beautiful and rewarding to attract visitors. This page decides whether the visitor will visit again or not; it is responsible for generating leads.
- Email and Lead Nurturing: After getting enough attention from demographics, it becomes important to maintain the relationship with the leads. Emailing them, connecting with them, listening for what they need and overall nurturing the liaison with them lead to conversion.
- Social Media: The activity of any company at social media tells random people know what it stands for. The personality of any company is made on the basis of its virtual profile on Social Media Sites. So it becomes important to be active on social media and stand out of the crowd.
- Marketing Automation: Use of appropriate software and technologies to amplify the marketing effort essentials on website, emails and social media comes under Marketing Automation. It is basically carried out for repeating the marketing tasks on multiple channels online.
- Marketing Analytics: The measurement, management and analysis of marketing performance collectively make the structure of Marketing Analytics. It is basically done to know how much return has been generated on investment. It is carried out to maximize marketing effectiveness and optimize ROI in future.
In inbound marketing, marketers provide value to their customers, who, after being fully satisfied, give the big thumbs-up and happily promote the product or service they have received. In the long run, inbound marketing is far more sustainable than traditional methods of marketing.